Couples: Regular Deep Conversations, without Tears
a 60-minute online training
Couples know that they need regular deep conversations to keep in synch with each other. They are also aware that regular productive conversations nourish a warm and resilient relationship.
But they complain that when they try to go beyond “How’s work?” at the end of a working day, their effort often ends up in tears and frustration:
- he just wants to lecture me, even though he is clueless about my office dynamics
- it’s a chance for her to find fault with me, instead of supporting me
- he/she just does not listen
- I am made to feel not important enough for his/her attention.
In this short training, you will learn
- How to be “be there” for each other
- Skills to make you partner feel validated, supported, cared for
- Skills to help your partner open up about his/her deeper concerns
- How and when to explore alternative perspectives with your partner